A word from Eden Freed:
While you await the full length book, I was bursting at the seams to share these short tales with you. This compilation has two shorts you may know and two completely new ones, though all are sexy as hell and kinky enough to reread.
Having worked as a professional entertainer I have perhaps a bit more insight into the industry than most writers, and yes- that includes princess attire, balloon twisting, face painting, temporary tattooing, psychic reading mayhem (not all at once thank goodness) the likes of which no one would ever believe. Let me tell you those four year olds can be tough as nails and the adults nearly as difficult. Still, entertaining is the business of keeping people happy and smiling and you can’t help but love a good party.
A few years ago, a friend and author told me to write what I know and write from the heart, and I think she’d be pleased with the results. I hope you enjoy it, too!
Since we usually add a cocktail/ virgin drink recipe, we’re including a spiked dessert from the Decorators Book Series. Below you will find recipes for cream Puff Pastry & Pastry Filling. Add in a cupcake liquid infuser full of Amaretto, Chocolate Liquor, or Brandy and you’re ready to serve (omit the alcohol for the kiddies).
This collection of four erotic romance stories by Eden Freed from the Decorators series is sure to warm your heart.
Book 1: (M/F) Rope Bunny- Candy wants nothing more than to be in Master Colt’s ropes. She’s new to the scene and hopes reality will match her fantasies, but when she meets DM Ethan Thompson she begins to wonder if she’s been pining for the wrong Dom.
Book 2: (M/F) Sweet, With Just a Hint of Kink- Cala is a brat used to getting her way. It’s simple, she only has to ask for something and she gets it. Chef Pain is a man of principles, and no amount of money or power can intimidate him. He is a Dominant with his own power. Cala is about to learn, that power comes from within.
Book 3: (M/F) Knot A Princess: Briar is a young mother and widow, struggling to cope with her loss. No man can measure up to a hero who had given his life for his country, but that leaves Briar lonely. She bravely puts on Princess dress to entertain children at parties filled with rich snobs, so she can provide for her son. Then this new age Cinderella gets noticed by the prince. Will this be just another gig, or a happily ever after?
Book 4: (F/F) The Picture of My Heart- Julianne is an aspiring photojournalist eeking out a living as a wedding photographer. Her muse is looking for something more and she finds that with Ann, famous artist Tadeusz Christov’s companion/model. The deeper Julianne probes, the more she discovers about Ann and Christov, until she isn’t sure what is real. The only thing she knows is what she wants… Ann.
And now for the recipe…
Timeless Treats- inspired by Eden Freed’s Decorators Series Cog’s and Gear’s Café
Today’s Cream Puff Pastry-
1 c. water
1/4 c. butter
pinch of salt
1 c. flour
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Boil water, butter (cut into pieces), and salt in medium saucepan.
- Once butter has melted, reduce heat and gradually add in flour. You want a nice lump free dough, so I always sift it in with a small hand held sifter.
- Mixture will come away from the sides and ball up. That’s your sign to remove it from the heat entirely and let it cool.
- Once the dough is cool, whisk eggs in one at a time being sure not to get any shell in there. You should get a moist dough.
- Drop by tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheet, or use your favorite pastry bag set for a fancier look.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° F for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove pastry from oven and cut small hole in side to vent the moisture so you don’t end up with soggy pastry.
- Fill with Yesterday’s Pastry Cream (below), custard, or jam and serve.
Yesterday’s Pastry Cream-
I make this the day before so its thoroughly chilled before using.
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
2 c. whole milk (3%)
4 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 Teaspoon vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan and set aside. If you are using vanilla sugar, add it in.
- Whisk milk and egg yolks together, add in chopped butter, and add to saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat. DO NOT BURN
- Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. If you are using vanilla extract instead of vanilla sugar, add it after mixture has been removed from heat.
- Strain-make sure everything is uniform and there are no lumps of cornstarch in there.
- Place in container and cover with plastic wrap(right to the surface of the mixture so you don’t get a pudding like skin on the top).
- Keep in the refrigerator overnight (hence the yesterday’s).
- Pipe in to Today’s Cream Puff Pastry(above) or hell, just eat it with lady fingers and fruit. Can you say trifle?
You can add dark chocolate ganache to the top and some candied orange rind, pop in a cupcake infuser full of your favorite sweet alcohol, or just sprinkle powdered (confectioner’s) sugar on top and serve with fresh berries. A little of yesterday and a little of today make this a timeless treat!