We’re past the middle of Dry January 2023 and two weeks into Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans. What better time to mix up a batch of Virgin Hurricanes and check out the parade?
To see this year’s parade route, click on the link below. Recipe to follow.
Virgin Hurricane Recipe-
- 2 cups Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 lime to 1 lime depending on taste
- A generous pour of Grenadine syrup for that lovely color
- Lemon lime soda of your choice- diet is ok, but remember that fruit juice has lots of carbs
- Garnish: orange slice and cherry, lime if you like it tart
- Mix fruit juice in pitcher (recipe can be doubled) add half the lime and more if needed
- Add grenadine syrup for taste, sweetness, and color
- Set mix aside- grenadine will settle so make sure you mix just before pouring into glasses
- Fill Hurricane glasses with ice
- Pour glasses 2/3 to 3/4 full with fruit juice mixture
- Add lemon lime soda to thin juice, stir, garnish, and serve
Your guests will have so much fun watching the parade with these mock-tails they might even forget there’s no alcohol in them.
Don’t forget to read King of the Mardi Gras: A Short Story From Eden’s Garden and Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler (let the good times roll).
King of the Mardi Gras: A Short Story From Eden’s Garden https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079WJGTC7?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_0C3FZZN11XBYTYARGCXJ